This asana provides a complex abdominal massage and is ideal in restoring the elasticity to a rigid spine, due to sedentariness.
- It makes the lumbar area of the spine more elastic.
- Has a powerful effect on the pelvic parasympathetic nervous system.
- Consequently, constipation and other related problems disappear.
- Dandasana, owing to its action of the sciatic nerve, cures sciatica.
- Dandasana also acts on the nephritic nerves, and suprarenal, leading to increased diuresis.
- This asana is highly stimulant, owing to the increased secretion of adrenaline, and therefore its practice should be performed in the morning.